Most insurance companies recognize the value and benefit of acupuncture and many are offering coverage for treatment. Benefits vary depending on your plan.
I am a participating provider in most of the major insurance networks: Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Johns Hopkins EHP, Cigna, and Aetna. Flex spending and health savings accounts can be used.
Your flex spending or health savings account can be used
I am happy to verify your insurance coverage for you. If you would prefer to call yourself, the information that is necessary to find out is:
- Is acupuncture is a covered benefit?
- What is your co-pay or co-insurance?
- Do you have a deductible. If so, how much has been met?
- Do you need a referral? Do you need an authorization?
- How many visits will they cover?
- Is there coverage only for certain conditions?
If you have acupuncture benefits with your insurance company, they cover acupuncture if it is used for medical conditions/pain. They do not provide coverage for “stress” or relaxation.
I would be happy to speak with you to answer any questions and or discuss your treatment goals. Call, text or email
Sara Elijah M.Ac. L.Ac. M.Div.
I am a preferred provider most major health insurance networks. Flex spending and health savings accounts can be used.
Evening and weekend appointments are available